Chocolate Covered Strawberries
My second time making chocolate covered strawberries! The first time I used only strawberries and chocolate chips. I grabbed a bag of white chocolate chips and heated them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. The result: burnt (literally some parts were black) and hardened chocolate. So in my second attempt, I followed the recipe instructions step-by-step, and they turned out so much better! Ahh I'm so happy! They're actually really easy and simple to make!
- Strawberries (fresh, washed and dried)
- Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- White Chocolate Chips
- Wash all of your strawberries and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Put water in your double boiler and heat it on medium.
- Once it is simmering, put chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon of shortening in a heat-safe bowl and put in the double boiler.
- Once half way (to 3/4th) melted, quickly remove from the stove and place it on a table.
- Dip the strawberries in the bowl of chocolate.
- Place chocolate covered strawberries on a bowl with the chocolate side face up.
- Put the dipped strawberries in the freezer.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 for white chocolate chips.
- Take out the strawberries from the freezer.
- Make swirls with the white chocolate over the strawberries.
- Put in the freezer like step 6
- Transfer to the refrigerator after 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and enjoy!
Enjoy! The white chocolate swirls definitely adds an elegant and impressive look! :)