The cookie brownie bars
The final product!
Cookie Brownie Bars with Sweet Chocolate Chips
Saw these on the shelf at the supermarket and had to try them. I've only heard of the brownie-cookie, where a part of the cookie is made of a brownie, but I've never seen a cookie-brownie before. I love unique and interesting foods that combine some of my favorite foods together, and this was definitely one of my favorite creations! It's as crispy as a cookie, and as chewy as a brownie. Perfect!
- For Brownie Batter:
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- For Cookie Dough:
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 15x10 pan with foil.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine the Brownie Mix, water, butter, and egg and mix well. Pour the batter in the pan.
- Using another medium mixing bowl, combine the Cookie Mix, water, and butter and mix well. Pour drops of cookie dough in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Use a plastic knife and use short sawing motions to cut the bars if they are still hot.
- They don't need to be refrigerated, but you should store them in a tightly sealed container.
- They retain freshness for days!
- A larger pan is recommended for flatter bars.