Saturday, April 12, 2014

Picnic Day 100th Year Anniversary

In celebration of Picnic Day's 100th year anniversary, I made a cow using any edible food scraps I could find in my kitchen. 

Ingredients:
•Brown rice (face)
•Carrots (horns)
•Blueberries (eyes)
•Almonds (nose)
•Dark chocolate pretzels (nose ring)
•Sun-dried mission black figs (ears)

Originally I wanted to make a cow with pancake batter, but I didn't have a squeeze bottle or bananas! So I decided to make it using toast but I didn't have any bread at home (strange I know). So I opened the refrigerator door and scoured through everything possible to find ingredients that I could potentially use. I grabbed the items and laid them all out on the kitchen table, and began the process.

I love food art and being able to express my creativity on something practical (like eating haha). Food art with a theme is especially fun and exciting when you get to celebrate and showcase a holiday or special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment