Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mickey Mouse + Balloons Toast Art


Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of cooking/baking posts recently. Been running low on inspiration lately. D:

Here's a Mickey Mouse toast art I did a couple days ago. It's Mickey created over a slice of whole wheat toast, with mochi and wafer sticks as balloons. This was inspired by my recent trip to Disneyland, where I had the opportunity to meet Mickey for the first time!

The strawberry wafer sticks were purchased from an Asian supermarket, called the Manila Oriental Market. The mochi were from Phoenix Food Boutique down in Monterey Park (when I went to SoCal). By the way, I know the mochi looks a little weird in the picture. It's been sitting in the fridge for a while before I finally had the chance to use it to create this piece, so it's not as round as it should be! I tried to use my hands to make it appear more round, but it just wouldn't budge. Haha. The rest of the ingredients were found laying around the kitchen. :)

This was my first time doing food art on toast! I've seen different types of toast art around and have always wanted to try working with a different medium. I liked how clean and simple toast art looks. All you need is a slice of bread, which you can easily find at any supermarket, and from there you can create anything you want! This was actually my second attempt creating Mickey. I didn't realize how messy bread was and how difficult it was to form a design from it by just eyeballing it without any templates! Now I know better though. :)

Maybe next time I will try to create both Mickey and Minnie together! (Which was my original idea haha :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment