Friday, March 28, 2014

San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge

 San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge

This is the final version of the Bay Bridge photo I took in my previous post. I like this one so much more. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the original photo, but it didn't have the "wow factor." I'm very picky with my pictures. The Bay Bridge is a photo that is constantly being photographed, as it is a notable Bay Area landmark, so I sought to make it unique and not just something one has seen before, over and over again.

In this version, the red and blue contrasts highlight the separation of the sky and bay, while emphasizing the glowing bridge--the highlight of the image. Also note that the red and blue areas are not completely solid colors. There is a soft gradient that becomes a lighter hue as your eyes migrate away from the bridge.

It really stands out now compared to the original photo. I'm happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment