Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!




Pink tulips for the most beautiful woman on Earth. Blessed to have a mom and a best friend all in one.

Happy Mother's Day!

-----------------------
I went to go pick up flowers late Sunday afternoon, the day of Mother's Day. There were many others who were frantically running around in search of a lovely bouquet -- last minute -- just like I was. For roughly 30 minutes, I searched the entire aisle and section back and forth in hopes of not just a batch of great looking flowers, but the perfect one. Yes, it had to be perfect. I'm quite picky when it comes to finding things I like. I know what's pleasing to my eye and what isn't, and I don't like to settle for anything less (most of the flowers were already withered and brown however -- a lesson for next year to come earlier for a fresher batch). A good chunk of the flowers were roses, which I avoided. Don't get me wrong, roses are beautiful, but I think they're a bit unoriginal and worn out. Tulips, however, caught my eye. I ended up picking out the rich pink tulips, as pictured above, and soft yellow tulips, and ended up going for the former. I'm happy with my selection! They really do pop out in pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment