Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Matcha Green Tea Waffles

Matcha Green Tea Waffles

This is my second attempt making matcha green tea waffles. The first time I tried to make these, several months ago, I turned on the waffle iron way too long before I put any oil on. I also didn't put enough oil on the grids, which made it difficult to remove the waffles from the iron when it was done. I ended up using a fork to scrape up the excess waffles and ate it straight from the iron!

This time was a lot easier. The waffles were also very tender and tasty. I actually wanted to eat more (my mom ate one, and I gobbled down the rest). They're healthy too -- composed of only 2 natural ingredients -- compared to the high flour and sugar waffles that can be found in cafes. I also added strawberries, strawberry jam, and vanilla yogurt. Yogurt is definitely a healthier alternative compared to whip cream or ice cream that often accompanies waffles. I'm actually surprised how tasty this turned out. Usually with healthier alternatives, you lose a bit of the sweet and yummy factor. But the natural sugars from the strawberries and honey helped satisfy my sweet tooth. Not sure if it's noticeable in the photo, but I am pouring honey onto the waffles while simultaneously capturing this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment